Mountainview Senior Resident
Mountainveiw College is looking for students who want to make a difference in residential living. Residential Life is conducting a two-year pilot program in Mountainview that offers students an opportunity to develop skills of collaborative leadership. The traditional Resident Assistant in the community is being replaced with a new role, Senior Resident for Mountainview College.
- The Senior Resident in each community will collaborate with students to develop a system of community-based governance focused on strategies for college success.
- Senior Residents will be part of the case management for residents in the community including meeting with residents about personal and academic concerns. Senior Residents will need to get to know the students in the community to be effective in this role.
- Senior Residents will develop programs and services for the community to enhance academic success, high impact learning experiences, develop career readiness and prepare for life after college.
- Senior Residents will be expected to engage with the Mountainview community and facilitate dialogue among members of the community daily.
- This position requires 20 hours per week, the hours are flexible around the needs of the community.
- Regular staff meetings are scheduled for Wednesdays 3:30 to 5 p.m. and can only be missed for courses to complete major requirements.
- Senior Residents participation in night and weekend duty rotation for crisis situations.
- Senior Residents return to campus in advance of students to prepare the buildings and participate in training.
Compensation includes a single room in Mountainview community and board plan.
How to Apply
Applications are closed for this semester, please check back in the fall.