Revenue Accounting is responsible for:
- Preparation and submission of the University’s quarterly and year-end Uniform Revenue Accounting System (URAS) trial balance to SUNY System Administration.
- Coordination and distribution of semi-monthly collection remittances from the campus depository accounts in accordance with SUNY guidelines.
- Maintenance of the University's Banner chart of accounts and journal entry system including the posting of revenue adjustments and balance transfers.
- Reconciliation of SUNY collections to the general ledger.
- Posting of SUTRA program revenue transfers relating to Overseas Academic Program (OAP), Summer and Winter Session, and contract courses.
- Assisting the Budget and Institutional Research Offices with preparation of the annual campus tuition and fee revenue projections.
- Function as the primary campus contact with M&T Bank regarding revenue banking services.
- Completion of the campus local depository and cash advance bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Manage the use of credit cards by campus departments to collect IFR and SUTRA funds.
- Responsible for various internal and external reporting including the National Science Foundation (NSF) Higher Education Research & Development Survey (HERD) annual survey.
- 12-13 NSF Herd Survey (.pdf, 635kb)
Last Updated: 4/4/14