Begins at the Intermediate Spanish level (SPAN 211) or above.
A minimum of six (6) courses at the 300- and 400-levels.
SPAN 250* Conversation, Composition & Grammar (emphasis on culture)
SPAN 251 Conversation, Composition & Grammar (emphasis on grammar)
SPAN 344 Introduction to Hispanic Literature
SPAN 360 Hispanic Literature from Middle Ages – 17th Century
SPAN 370 Hispanic Literature from 18th Century – Present
*Note: Native/Heritage Spanish speakers may not take SPAN 250.
Students exempt from SPAN 250 must take three (3) SPAN 200+ courses.
B. Three (3) courses at the 400-level
C. Two (2) to three (3) courses additional courses
- A minimum grade of "C" is required for any course in Spanish applied toward the major and defines "satisfactory performance" in the course.
- Courses from other institutions or Study Abroad, especially at the 400-level, must be approved by student's departmental adviser.
- At least five (5) courses must be taken on campus.
- Three (3) of the 300- and 400-level courses must be taken on campus including at least two (2) 400-level seminars (excluding 480 courses).
- Senior seminar 400-level capstone experience (select from 481 or 483 courses). Counts as one (1) of the three (3) required 400-level courses.
Note: Summer Study Abroad courses in the department sponsored Madrid, Spain program are considered "campus" courses.
Professor Salvador J. Fajardo (LT-508)
Phone: (607) 777-4630
Professor Thomas A. O’Connor (LT-516)
Phone: (607) 777-4626
Professor Ana Ros (LT-615)
Phone: (607) 777-4675
Professor Antonio Sobejano-Morán (LT-509)
Phone: (607) 777-4635
Professor Vanessa Cañete-Jurado (LT-513)
Phone: (607) 777-4679
Last Updated: 9/25/12