About the Scholars Program
Each year, Binghamton University invites a small number of incoming freshmen to join the Binghamton University Scholars Program, which provides high-achieving students with:
- a shared living/learning experience in the Scholars Learning Community, where all freshman Scholars and many returning Scholars reside in the same residential community
- collaborative learning experiences in student-centered Scholars courses
- experiential learning venues, both on and off campus
- extracurricular activities that connect Binghamton Scholars to faculty, administrators and students across the University and beyond
- opportunities to showcase outstanding academic work locally and nationally
- the exclusive opportunity to earn "Presidents Honors" or "All University Honors" recognition upon graduation
Complete details can be found in the Student Handbook.
Binghamton University is a proud member of the National Collegiate Honors Council and the Northeast Regional Honors Council.