Director of Admissions and Student Services
Brian Flynn is the Director of Admissions and Student Services in the Binghamton University Department of Social Work. He earned his BA in Psychology from the University of Arizona and his master's degrees from the University at Albany, State University of New York (SUNY), and Binghamton University.
Brian has been a clinical social worker for 15 years. He has had the pleasure of working with diverse client populations as a medical and emergency room social worker and as a psychotherapist for patients living with HIV. Brian has experience in the areas of crisis intervention, grief, loss, discharge planning and chemical dependency treatment, as well as the provision of case management and mental health services.
He is a disaster mental health volunteer with the American Red Cross and was deployed to Ground Zero with the American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Team following the September 11, 2001, attacks. He also traveled to Thailand to provide support after the 2004 tsunami. Brian is a member of HOPE Animal-Assisted Crisis Response, an organization which provides comfort and encouragement through animal-assisted support to individuals affected by crises and disasters. He also serves as a community member on the United Health Services Ethics Committee.
- MSW, School of Social Welfare,
University at Albany, SUNY
- MA, Social Sciences, Binghamton University
- BA, Psychology, University of Arizona
- Recruiting prospective students
- Coordinating admissions processes and procedures
- Providing advising for incoming students
- Providing academic advising and field liaison services for current students
- Teaching selected MSW courses