Director of Field Education
Sophia Resciniti is the Director of Field Education in the Binghamton University Department of Social Work. She earned her BS and her MSW from Binghamton University.
Her primary interest has been in the treatment of trauma and dissociation. She is certified in treating traumatic stress and dissociative disorders using the Instinctual Trauma Response Model and is trained in the use of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for the treatment of trauma. Sophia is also certified as a field traumatologist through the Green Cross Academy of Traumatology.
Much of her work since receiving her MSW has been with those affected by domestic violence and with those in hospice care. Sophia is a member of the local American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health team and has assisted after local disasters, such as the Binghamton area flooding and the mass shooting at the American Civic Association.
- MSW, Binghamton University
- BS, Human Development, Binghamton University
- Coordinating and overseeing field education placements
- Serving as liaison between Binghamton University and field education placement sites
- Implementing grants related to field education placement experiences
- Coordinating information meetings for students
- Teaching selected MSW courses