Be an agent of change
Social workers relieve human suffering; alleviate social and economic injustice; and ensure their clients' social, economic and psychological needs are met. Social work is about being an agent of change.
Our guiding principles
- A focus on people's strengths
- A celebration of human diversity
- The application of multi-system practice methods to promote human well-being and fair, equitable communities
- A commitment to social justice
- A focus on working with diverse clients from a bio-psycho-social-spiritual-cultural perspective across the entire life span
- A focus on social work practice and collaboration with clients and organizations in public and not-for-profit settings
Dates for Fall 2015 applicants:
September 16th, 12pm to 1:30pm
*October 8th, 12pm to 1:30pm, room #201. This session is specifically for the MSW/MPA dual degree program.*
October 9th, 5:30pm to 7pm
November 11th, 12pm to 1:30pm
December 9th, 5:30pm to 7pm
January 14th, 12pm to 1:30pm
All information sessions will be held in Room 301 of the University Downtown Center, located at 67 Washington Street, Binghamton, NY 13901-3702.
If you have questions, please call the department at 607-777-5999.
NOTE: In case of inclement weather, please call the department to make sure the session has not been cancelled. We will update the website as well.