Be an agent of change
Social workers relieve human suffering; alleviate social and economic injustice; and ensure their clients' social, economic and psychological needs are met. Social work is about being an agent of change.
Our guiding principles
- A focus on people's strengths
- A celebration of human diversity
- The application of multi-system practice methods to promote human well-being and fair, equitable communities
- A commitment to social justice
- A focus on working with diverse clients from a bio-psycho-social-spiritual-cultural perspective across the entire life span
- A focus on social work practice and collaboration with clients and organizations in public and not-for-profit settings
Dates for Fall 2015 applicants coming soon!
If you have questions, please contact our department at 607-777-5999.