Office: LT 404
Office hours as posted or by appointment.
Phone: ext. 7-5000
Caglar Keyder's research has focused on the Ottoman Empire, the contemporary Middle East and Turkey. His most recent work is on the social structure of global cities.
- Contemporary Capitalism
- Globalization and Law
- "A History and Geography of Turkish Nationalism," in F. Birtek and T. Dragonas eds., Citizenship and the Nation-State in Greece and Turkey, Routledge, 2005.
- "La Turquie: de la Peripherie au Centre", Diogene, no. 210, Spring 2005.
- "Globalization and Social Exclusion in Istanbul," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, 29, 1, March 2005.
- "Europe as Alternative Empire: A View from the Periphery", in Faruk Tabak ed., Allies as Rivals: The U.S., Europe, and Japan in a Changing World-System, Paradigm Press, 2005.
- "A History and Geography of Turkish Nationalism." In State and Nation in Greece and Turkey.