Executive MBA in Binghamton
- Lockstep planned curriculum to maximize the efficiency of the learning process
- Participants move through the program as a cohort, becoming valuable resources to one another both in the program and throughout their professional careers
- Collective professional experience of the participants greatly enriches the educational environment
- A team approach is used which allows for the sharing of diverse perspectives and instills the ability to communicate, take initiative, and effectively motivate others
- Challenging, stimulating environment that provides maximum return on time and resources invested
- Classroom education and student interaction lead to new ideas that Executive MBA participants can introduce on the job daily
- Faculty selection based on teaching ability and recognized expertise in their field
- Limited class size to facilitate interaction
The Executive MBA program is designed to teach management concepts and skills to individuals who are being asked to assume increasing levels of administrative responsibility. The weekend format of the program enables busy professionals who cannot leave their careers to participate in a full-time program, and receive their MBA degree in 21 months.
The EMBA Experience
Participants move through the Executive MBA program as a cohort, sharing the same educational experiences and working together cooperatively. The lockstep curriculum focuses initially on core business concepts and then broadens while integrating ethical and global issues throughout the program.
General Program Requirements for Admission
- Applications for the Executive MBA program are taken on a rolling basis.
- It is recommended to have at least five years of full-time professional experience.
- An acceptable GMAT score. (For applicants holding advanced degrees such as the PhD or MD, the GMAT requirement may be waived on a case-by-case basis.)
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A completed application and current resume.
- It is encouraged that applicants participate in an interview with the Associate Dean or Director of the program.
The Executive MBA takes approximately 21 months to complete. The program begins in late August and runs through June of the following year. It starts again in late August and runs through May of the second year. The classes meet on a bi-weekly basis and are held on Fridays from 1 to 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. There will be a few exceptions, however, including a new flex schedule during the second year. During the second year, participants are required to attend three full Fridays and Saturdays during designated weekends. For the other six scheduled class weekends, participants may choose to either attend the classes in person or via telephone/web interaction. These sessions will occur on Friday afternoons and Saturdays. For more information regarding this new flexible format, please contact Associate Dean George Bobinski via email. During each class, some time may be spent in lecture, some in group activities, and some in open discussion. The faculty will be selected based not only on their academic specialties, but also for their experience and aptitude in executive education. The classes will be highly participatory.
The Executive MBA Program in Binghamton is co-sponsored by the School of Management and the Binghamton University Alumni Association.
How Do I Apply Or Obtain Guidance?
To apply, request a brochure, or obtain guidance, please contact:
- Dr. George Bobinski
School of Management
PO Box 6000
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
Phone: (607) 777-2342
Fax: (607) 777-6193
You can apply online through the Graduate School's website.