BS in Accounting Curriculum and Course Description
To be granted the bachelor of science degree in accounting from the School of Management, students must complete the following courses:
Liberal Arts**** (60 Credits minimum)
- ECON 162. Microeconomics
- MATH 221 or 220. Calculus
- CQS 111. Computer Tools for Management
Liberal arts electives to include General Education coursework, a second composition course and a minimum of three courses at the intermediate or advanced level.*
School of Management
- CQS 112. Statistics for Management**
- ECON 160. Microeconomics
- BL&S 111-112. Legal Environment of Management I and II
- CQS 311. Advanced Computer Tools
- MIS 311. Management Information Systems
- OPM 311. Operations Management
- MKTG 311. Introduction to Marketing
- IBUS 311. Introduction to International Business
- MGMT 311. Organizational Behavior
- FIN 311. Financial Management
- MGMT 411. Global Strategic Management
- ACCT 211. Financial Accounting
- ACCT 305. Cost Accounting
- ACCT 311. Intermediate Accounting Theory I
- ACCT 312. Intermediate Accounting Theory II
- ACCT 460. Auditing
- ACCT 476. Taxation for Entities
To view course descriptions of management courses, please visit the Binghamton University Bulletin website
*General Education requirements are fulfilled using the liberal arts electives. The term 'introductory level' refers to those courses for which there are no prerequisites and/or courses numbered below 300. A course with no prerequisite and a number below 300, but specified as being intermediate or advanced in nature by the department teaching the course, may be used as a non-introductory elective.
**SOM strongly recommends that students take CQS 112 as their required course in statistics. No more than one introductory statistics course may count toward the degree.
***Other introductory statistics courses are MATH 147, PSYC 243 and ECON 366.
****A minimum of 60 credits of liberal arts coursework is required to apply for the NYS CPA License. Only one of the two economics courses counts as liberal arts.
BS/MS in Accounting (PDF)
- BS in Accounting (PDF) PricewaterhouseCoopers Scholars
General Education at Binghamton
- For information on course descriptions, credit hours and GenEd Requirements, view the Binghamton University Bulletin.