- Binghamton recognizes that the full realization of an inclusive community is challenging.
- The University recognizes it cannot achieve the ideal inclusive community by itself — that goal must be nurtured in each of us, in word and in deed.
- In striving toward this goal, we must face honestly the diffi culties we encounter, and we must be willing to discuss widely both our successful efforts and those that fall short of the mark.
- To keep our aspirations constantly before us, Binghamton pledges to represent itself to our own community and to the world in ways that bespeak our identity as a richly diverse and inclusive public University.
- On behalf of the entire University community, it further pledges to achieve the goal of being an inclusive community within a framework of academic freedom and respect.
Last Updated: 8/3/11