Travel Forms

The following travel forms are available for downloading and printing to ANY local printer.  Click here (doc) for some other traveler tips.


Hotel Tax Exemption Forms


Helpful links to the NYS Office of the State Comptroller regulations:

*Updated: Office of the State Comptroller Travel Manual (pdf)
GSA Per Diem lodging/meal rates
Per Diem meal breakdown (breakfast & dinner)
Allowable expenses
Personal Vehicle Current Mileage Rate
Currency Converter
Foreign Per Diems 


NYS OSC Travel Tips

While it is difficult to summarize the Travel rules and guidelines as outlined by the New York State Office of the State Comptroller, here's a quick NYS OSC traveler tips sheet (docx) to help! When in doubt, contact the Travel Office for any clarification. 


Travel Advance

The Travel department assists with travel advances and helps ensure that reimbursed travel expenses are in compliance with Office of the State Comptroller Travel Regulation.  Click here (doc) for the Travel Advance Policy. To ensure timely processing, Requests for Travel Advances must be received in the Travel department 20 business days prior to travel departure date.


Travel Warning Notice

The U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs, based on relevant information, issues travel warnings to U.S. citizens that recommend Americans avoid travel to certain counties. The countries and dates the travel warnings were issued are listed on the Current Travel Warnings Web site.

Travelers going to any country with a travel warning as documented by the U.S. Department of State will need to fill out the Request to Travel to Countries with Travel Warnings in addition to the R&A form in order to have this travel approved.

Miscellaneous Travel Regulations

  • Although receipts are no longer required for incidental expenses (tolls, parking, and local bus and train fares) under $75 total, travelers must provide the date, item and cost for each incidental expense (e.g., 3/19/05: Toll $3.00).
  • All meals associated with overnight travel will be reimbursed at the per diem rate for the area of assignment and based upon the departure and arrival times. Receipt requirements are eliminated, as your hotel lodging folio serves as your receipt.
  • Actual, reasonable costs incurred between the employee’s home and a transportation terminal will be reimbursed.
  • Unreceipted meal allowances for non-overnight travel have been increased to $5 for breakfast and $12 for dinner.

Travel Times and Meal Reimbursement

Employees will be allowed reimbursement for breakfast if they have to leave at least one hour before their normal work starting time. For example, if their regular work hours were 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., they would be entitled to breakfast on the day the trip starts if they have to leave before 7 A.M.

Employees are allowed reimbursement for dinner if they return at least two hours later than their normal work ending time. For example, if their regular work hours were 8 A.M. to 5 P.M., they would be entitled to dinner reimbursement if they return after 7 P.M.

Day Trips
Employees in travel status for day trips are allowed breakfast and dinner reimbursements based on the departure and arrival times of the trips. For non-overnight travel, an employee may claim the unreceipted meal allowance, (the rate effective October 1, 1998 is $5.00 for breakfast and $12.00 for dinner) or actual expenses up to the federal maximum meal allowance with a receipt. The IRS considers all meal reimbursements not associated with overnight travel taxable.

Overnight Trips
For breakfast on the first day or dinner on the last day of an overnight trip, travelers may claim the federal per diem allowance for the area of assignment. Receipts are not required, as the hotel lodging folio serves as your receipt.

Back to Top

State Funded Travel Procedure

All vouchers are requested to be submitted to the Travel Office within 10 business days upon the completion of the trip.

All airline*, train and bus reservations for state funded travel must be booked through a State authorized travel agent certified through the Office of General Services State Contract.
*Non contract air bookings are allowable under these exceptions: an emergency; when the non-contract fare saves $200 or more per round-trip ticket; or when contract flights would require the traveler to incur unnecessary overnight lodging costs. When an exception occurs the following form should be submitted to the Business Office Travel Department: Air Travel Services Contract Exception Authorization
Effective December 6, 2007 the authorized travel agency for the Broome County region:

Plaza Travel and Accessories, Vestal, NY - Telephone (607) 729-2225

Effective December 6, 2011 New York State Travel Agent Contractor transaction fees for the Broome County region are:

Travel Agent
Airline Transaction Fee
Train/Bus Transaction Fee
Plaza Travel $16.20 $0

The following procedure should be used by travelers for the booking and reimbursement of air travel:

  1. The traveler must complete the campus Request and Authorization for Travel, securing the appropriate approvals and identifying fund source(s).
    The completed Request and Authorization for Travel (clearly indicating the request for an airfare control number, contact person and telephone number), should be sent or delivered to the Business Office.
    Upon receipt of the travel authorization, the travel unit will assign an airfare control number to the request and contact the designated person named on the request with that number, which can then be used as authorization.
    The traveler or designated person named on the authorization will contact one of the authorized travel agencies shown above, providing the agency with the airfare authorization number and making appropriate air arrangements.
    The approved Travel Agencies, through Visa Citibank, will centrally bill the campus on a monthly basis.
  2. The Business Office will then charge the appropriate State account and/or bill the non-State portion, if applicable.

Voiding State Funded Airfare Tickets: Time Limits

  • Travel Agents may void tickets up to midnight one business day after the date of ticket issue.Airline customers may void tickets up to 24 hours after the reservation is made with the airline.
  • After these times, the ticket may no longer be voided.


State Vehicle Use Liability

Rental Vehicle Use and Liability

Personal Vehicle Liability Non-Livery and Non-Taxi Drivers For Hire

If you have travel questions, please contact Travel staff members.

Back to Top

Last Updated: 11/28/16