Click here to view a video on the new calendar features presented by Mary Muscari, Associate Professor and Director of the O'Connor Office for Rural Studies at the Decker School of Nursing.
Mark Reisinger, Associate Professor, Undergraduate Director for Geography, and Faculty Master for Newing College, demonstrates the features of the retention center. Click here to view.
View a video on setting up notifications in Blackboard.
Blackboard Road map
In March 2013, the Blackboard Support Group distributed a survey to all Binghamton University faculty to examine their needs in a learning management system. Faculty were asked to identify "additional features and functions you would like to see in a learning management system." Three major themes arose from this inquiry:
- Over 94 percent of the responding faculty indicated they would like to see automatic roster synchronization (including adds and drops) with the Banner Student Information System.
- Display of student photos in the roster section was selected by almost 60 percent of the faculty surveyed.
- Grade book integration with the Banner Student Information System ranked third, as a preference of 54 percent of the faculty participating in the survey.
In response to this survey, the Blackboard Support Group has developed a three-phase plan to implement these requested changes.
|10/14/2013||Announce upgrade to version 9.1.11 - Completed|
|10/21/2013||Testing of new version by support team to begin - Completed|
|10/21/2013||Start presentations at department chair meetings - Completed|
|11/15/2013||Workshops/sessions on new version scheduled - Completed|
|11/15/2013||Faculty focus groups review course menu preference - Completed|
|12/27/2013||Upgrade production server - Completed|
|01/01/2014||New version available for faculty - Completed|
|01/06/2014||Information sessions, workshops and assistance available - Completed|
- Integration with Banner Student System allowing for roster synchronization
- Creation of course templates for courses
- Implement grade transfer from course grade book to Banner Student Information System
- Investigate course branding for individual schools.
For addition information, please contact Carol Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.