Reservations may only be made by S.A. chartered organizations, University recognized Greek groups, or Faculty/Staff. Each student organization can select only one person to be their contact. Space may be requested by visiting R25 Union.
Reservations are granted on a first come, first served basis and the following rules apply:
• Requests require a 24 hour turn-around time. Requests are processed Monday - Friday. No processing is done on Saturday or Sunday.
• No outside food/beverages may be brought into reserved facilities without written permission from Sodexo's catering office. Potlucks are not allowed on campus since there is no way to monitor the cooking of the food. When you book space, you must let us know if you will be serving food. If your group is caught serving food without first obtaining permission, your group will lose reservation privileges.
• Each group is responsible for any repair costs for any damage in reserved facilities.
• All University Union rooms are kept locked. You need to go to the appropriate information desk (UU East or UU West) to have the door of your scheduled room unlocked for you. If your event is before Noon on a Weekday, please go to the University Union office (UU-W205).
• Sound equipment requests for University Union rooms must be made through Carl Darling (Assistant Director of the University Union – UU-W205). For Sound equipment in buildings other than the University Union, contact the Educational Communications office (LH-B48).
• Tables may be reserved in the Tillman Lobby (UU East) from the hours of Noon – 4pm, Monday – Friday. Only 1 table allowed per group per week in each location. If you intend to sell anything at your table, or give anything away for free, you must notify us when you book the table. Nothing may be sold at an information table. Groups that misrepresent their tabling event (by booking an info table and then attempting to sell something) will lose tabling privileges. Each group is allowed to have only 1 active tabling date at a time. You will have to wait until your active tabling date has passed to request another tabling date. Only 1 type of sale (ex – bake sale, flower sale, candy sale) is allowed each day so there is no competition for sales between groups. Outside groups/vendors may only table on campus if they are sponsored by a student group/department, and they will need to pay a vendor fee ($40 daily).
• No facility may be reserved by an individual for personal use. Outside organizations may reserve space via the Conference and Event Services office (607-777-6200).
• Groups may book only one weekly meeting per semester. Weekly meetings can only be a maximum of 3 hours.
• Lit candles are not allowed in any University facility.
• If your confirmation says that you need to speak with Nick Kocan concerning room set ups, make sure you contact him at least 5 work days before the event. Last minute changes will not be guaranteed and are not appreciated.
• If your reservation confirmation states that you need to obtain signatures, failure to obtain those signatures and return your signed form to the UU office will result in the cancellation of your event.
• There have been problems with people hanging things on the walls in UU East. The only tape that can be used on the walls in any room in UU East is painter's tape. All other tapes damage the paint when removed. If you need to hang anything in UU East, you may get a roll of painter's tape in the UU Office (UU-W205). If you damage any wall in the University Union, your group will be billed a repair fee.
• No group is allowed to move any furniture into the hallways of any building. Furniture in the hallways blocks hallways and is against fire code. Anyone caught moving furniture into hallways will lose reservation privileges.
• University Union staff takes care of set ups in University Union rooms only. If you need a specific set up in any building other than the UU, you need to contact Physical Facilities. You may reach them at 777-2226.
Form to request classrooms for academic events (directly related to class credit) - Not for student group use; for Academic events only.