Upward Bound is a free college preparatory program for qualified high school students. Through Upward Bound, students develop the skills and motivation necessary to ensure their high school graduation as well as enrollment and success in college. Students and their parents must meet the program's eligibility requirements to participate.
Upward Bound Services
During the academic year, Upward Bound Academic Counselors (AC) visit each participating high school once per week. They meet with students, guidance counselors, and teachers. The AC's follow each scholar's academic and personal progress, offering guidance, attention, and support.
In addition, Upward Bound provides the following services:
- Arranging and facilitating university and college visits
- Assistance preparing for SAT and ACT exams
- Presentations and workshops about planning for college, what to consider in choosing a college, and Federal Student Financial Aid programs and benefits
- Help developing problem-solving skills and participation in team-building activities
- Assistance completing college admissions applications and financial aid forms
- Scholarship information
- Upward Bound Newsletters