Support Binghamton University Athletics
Online Giving go to: www.giving.binghamton.edu Selcect drop down box; Binghamton Fund for Athletics
Studies have shown that people donate because it makes them feel good. They donate toward their passion. As a Student Athlete Alum, your passion is most likely toward your sport and helping the current student-athletes succeed.
Three Pillars of Giving:
Pillar One: Time
- As a Binghamton University Athletics Student Athlete Alum, you have much to offer. Giving back to the university that gave you opportunities for growth, education and experience, feels good. You can be engaged with your fellow teammates, many whom you may not have connected with in years. It is important to share your traditions and your legacy as a Binghamton University Athlete. Giving of your time and experiences networking events, organizing alumni events in your area, or mentoring current student athletes offers you a chance to give back.
Pillar Two: Talent
- Think of the valuable lessons you have learned as a student athlete: leadership skills, teamwork, perseverance, work ethic. Also think of the experience you have gained since graduation in your personal and work life. What would you have liked to learn as a current student athlete? Come back and share your knowledge, help student athletes find internships or employment upon graduation; help them get connected through your professional networks. You can make a difference by sharing your talent.
Pillar Three: Treasure
- Wherever you are in your life's journey, you can give back. Whether it is to donate $50 each as a group of alum from your sport to help the current team purchase new uniforms, or perhaps giving of your "treasure" in the form of a yearly commitment to our scholarship fund. Your support is crucial to the continued success of the legacy that you were part of.
- We are reaching out to you today, asking for your help in finding you and your teammates.
- It is easy to join, just out the application today. You will immediately get connected.
- We care about you and value your contributions.
How to Support:
- Binghamton University Athletics is funded primarily through self-generated revenues and is an integral part of the overall mission of Binghamton University. The majority of these revenues come from charitable gifts, ticket sales, corporate sponsorships, and donor gifts.
- Many charitable gifts come from a collective group of donors that comprise the Binghamton University Varsity Club.
- Your financial support provides scholarships, state-of-the-art facilities, equipment team travel and all the tools that help our student-athletes succeed on and off the playing surface.
- Bearcats Athletic Fund link: www.giving.binghamton.edu and select "Binghamton Fund for Athletics" from the drop-down box.
- Contributions to the Binghamton Athletics Fund allow the Athletics Department to provide student-athletes with the necessary resources to maximize their training, compete at the highest level, and learn and grow while at Binghamton University and beyond.
Ways to Make a Gift
- Gifts can be made in a number of ways. Our goal is to make your gift-giving process convenient and accessible to you, our supporters.
Online Giving: Go to www.giving.binghamton.edu and select "Binghamton Fund for Athletics" from the drop-down box.
Matching Gifts: If you or your spouse work for a company with a matching gift program, your gift to the Binghamton Athletics Fund could be doubled. For specific inquiries regarding a matching gift, please contact Calley Rebello, coordinator, Gift and Donor Records, at 607-777-4356.
- Stock Transfer: Gifts of appreciated securities are a great way to give your charitable contributions. Contact Kyra Schnauber, Gift and Donor Records, at 607-777-6516 and designate Binghamton Fund for Athletics.
- For more information about the Binghamton Athletics Fund, call Bette Anne Gaube, Assistant Athletic Director for Annual Giving, at 607-777-2093, or by e-mail at email@example.com.