Watson School Mission Statement
The mission of the Watson School is to provide education and research in the broad field of engineering and applied science. To fulfill this mission, the School will:
- offer baccalaureate, master's and doctoral programs that prepare graduates for employment
in the technical professions and combine
- a firm grounding in fundamentals,
- elements of practical application and
- an appreciation for liberal learning.
- conduct basic and applied research which expands the technical knowledge base and advances industrial practice.
- provide support for the economic development of the State of New York.
- ensure that its programs are accessible to the widest possible range of individuals and institutions.
- work with industrial and community partners, foster participation and representation from traditionally underrepresented groups in technical research and education.
- support the profession of engineering through continuing educational opportunities for practicing professionals.