Procedure for Student Groups
Asking for Financial Support from the Dean's Office
This process is not intended to be a burden, but rather to establish a business environment for the request of funds.
The student group must first submit a "Request for Funds."
This request must cover - at the minimum - the following:
- The organization's name
- The name and position of the person making the request
- The date of the request
- The date of the event that funds are being requested for
- The purpose of attending said event
- A detailed budget outline for the costs
- The name and year in school for each person involved in the event
- The name of the person responsible for financial arrangements
- Whether pre-funding is needed or simply reimbursement of expenses
(Individual students will be required to submit original receipts from a vendor showing date and total expenses)
- Any other sources of funding available
- A justification for the use of Watson funds, including the benefits to Watson
- These requests must precede the event by at least two weeks.
We have made this process as simple as possible for everybody by putting together a web form including all this information. To submit your request, please complete the form, and we will be notified. Please allow up to one week for a response.