Simulation Interoperability Standards
Specialized 2-day Course to enhance your knowledge and use of Flight and Ground Vehicle
January 25-26, 2016 at Binghamton University, Binghamton, New York
About the Course
This advanced course provides training and exercises on IEEE Standard 1516 for Modeling and Simulation (M&S) High Level Architecture (HLA) and IEEE 1278 Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS).
All topics are supported by practical exercises utilizing supplied computers.
Day One Outline
- Introduction to DIS
- Protocol Data Units of DIS
- Introduction to the general concepts of HLA
- The Object Model Template (OMT)
- The Realtime Platform Reference (RPR) FOM
Day Two Outline
- Modular FOMS
- BAse Object Models
- Runtime Interface Services
- Building a simple federation
Overview: Dr. Diallo has studied the concepts of interoperability of simulations and composability of models for the last ten years. He developed a formal theory of interoperability and is currently extending it using Model Theory. He is currently conducting research into the design of infrastructures to integrate command and control systems (C2) with simulations or robotics. He is VMASC's lead researcher in CBMS (Coalition Battle Management Services), an expert in Modeling and Simulation, and lead of the M&S Interoperability group at VMASC. Dr. Diallo is a member of SCS, ACM and IEEE. He is vice chair of the Coalition Battle Management standard development group. He has served as the Program Chair and Vice Chair of the Spring Simulation Conference and will serve as its General Chair in 2015.
Fees and Registration
2-day specialized course only
- UNIVERSITY/GOVERNMENT: $645 (early bird by October 14), $695 (regular fees start October 15)
- INDUSTRY: $695 (early bird by October 14), $745 (regular fees start October 15)
5-day main course plus a 2-day specialized course
- UNIVERSITY/GOVERNMENT: $2170 (early bird by October 14), $2270 (regular fees start October 15)
- INDUSTRY: $2270 (early bird by October 14), $2370 (regular fees start October 15)
Contact our office for group rates (available for 3+ registrants from an organization).
Go to our registration and fees page for more information