Requirements for the WGSS Undergraduate Minor*
• WGSS 200: Introduction to Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies;
• One course in Theoretical Inquiries in WGSS (WGSS 281, WGSS 381, WGSS 481);
• One course in Social Justice, Social Movements and WGSS (WGSS 282,WGSS 382,WGSS 482);
• One course in one of the following areas: Critical Humanities (WGSS 283, 383, 483) or Critical Social Sciences (WGSS 284, 384, 484);
• Two elective courses. The elective courses can be selected from the courses designated as WGSS. Any course not designated as WGSS must be approved by a WGSS advisor;
Of the six courses described above:
• At least three courses must be at the 300 level or higher; one of those three courses must be at the 400 level;
• Most courses in WGSS are cross-listed with courses from other departments; Students need to select courses that are cross-listed with courses from at least three different departments;
• At least half of the courses must be taken at Binghamton University;
* Students must receive a minimum of a C grade in order for a course to fulfill requirements for the minor, and no courses taken under the Pass/Fail option may be credited toward the minor.
* Note: Students who entered prior to the 2013-2014 Bulletin year can still complete requirements for the Women's Studies minor and certificate and should see the Program Director, Dara Silberstein, for advice on how to do so.