Advising and Tutoring
For information on undergraduate majors and minors, General Education requirements and other advising questions, visit your school's advising office or click on one of the following links:
- College of Community and Public Affairs
- Decker School of Nursing
- Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- School of Management (SOM)
- Watson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Tutoring Services for Undergraduates
More information on tutoring services available for undergraduate students can be found at the following websites:
- University Tutorial Services. University Tutorial Services (UTS) offers in-person, small-group tutoring for many Binghamton undergraduate courses. Online tutoring for a variety of subjects is available through a consortium project with other SUNY schools entitled STAR-NY. In partnership with the English Language Institute (ELI) department, UTS also offers ELI tutors. For more information, go to http://www.binghamton.edu/tutoring.
- Student Support Services/TRIO. Student Support Services provides drop-in tutoring under the Guiding Undergraduates in Learning Directive. Subjects tutored include math, physics, biology, introduction to chemistry, organic chemistry, computer science, psychology, economics (including econometrics), and writing. For more information, go to http://www.binghamton.edu/student-support-services/.
- Writing Center. The Writing Center offers free writing tutoring to all Binghamton University students. Students can come at any stage in the writing process and speak with a tutor who is versed in writing pedagogy and trained by a writing specialist. For more information, go to http://www.binghamton.edu/writing/writing-center/index.html.