Thanks for your interest in the College of Community and Public Affair's undergraduate program in human development. Admission to CCPA is selective. Review requirements and pre-requisite courses carefully. Note: Fulfilling requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Applications for IUT or DD admission must be submitted online via BU BRAIN to the
Office of Undergraduate Admissions by:
- November 15 for spring admission
- March 15 for fall admission
- Due to the strictly enforced sequencing of the major, the Human Development department recommends applying for IUT and DD no later than the semester prior to the student's junior (3rd year) at the University
- Decisions are emailed to the student's Binghamton BMail address.
- Late applications will be considered on a space available basis.
- Admission decisions are made after current semester grades are available
- IUT and DD must meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 (the average GPA of the most recent cohort of students admitted to CCPA was 3.24).
Requirement: Pre-requisite courses
It's recommended to have completed the following pre-requisites with a letter grade of C or higher:
- PSYC 111 of another psychology course at the 100 or 200 level
- A sociology course at the 100 or 200 level
- An additional social science course in anthropology, economics, history, geography or political science at the 100 or 200 level.
Before completing the online application via BU BRAIN, it is recommended to meet with Human Development Academic Advising. To set up an appointment, or for other academic questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-777-9199.
Human Development Academic Advising