Binghamton University offers special visits that are designed for groups ranging from 20-50 students who are currently active in the college search process. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions accepts group-visit registrations from school faculty/staff and professional organizations of high school or transfer students. If you are looking to schedule a campus visit as an individual or family, go to our campus visit calendar to view and register for upcoming sessions.
In order to ensure a pleasant and informative visit, review the FAQs and Group Visit Agreement before registering for a group visit.
For more information, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 607-777-4784 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in a group visit?
A group visit includes a welcome and informational video followed by a student-led tour. Tours typically run from an hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes and include a fair amount of walking outdoors; dress accordingly.
Can we eat lunch on campus?
If you're interested in purchasing a meal during your visit, you must contact Binghamton University Dining Services to coordinate your meal. Call 607-777-2925.
Where do we drop off students for group visits?
Buses should use the main entrance to campus: 4400 Vestal Parkway East
- Bear right at the split
- Turn left on East Drive
- Follow West Drive halfway around campus until you reach the Admissions Center, where the group can be dropped off
Buses can park in Lot ZZ
- Turn right onto East Access Road
- Turn right onto Connector Road
- Turn left at West Access Road (by the Nature Preserve)
What if I can’t make one of the scheduled dates/times?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide additional accommodations beyond what has been scheduled. However, if your group would like to come to campus and do a self-guided tour, let us know by emailing email@example.com and we may be able to provide self-guided tour materials for you.
What are your COVID-19 policies for campus visitors?
For the most up-to-date information visit our COVID-19 webpage.
Group Visit Campus Tour Agreement
- Late or early arrivals: You must notify Admissions by phone at 607-777-4784 if you expect to arrive earlier or later than your confirmed time. Scheduled activities may need to be adjusted or canceled for groups arriving more than 15 minutes late.
- Changes: If your number of attendees changes, you must notify Admissions by phone at 607-777-4784 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can adjust our staff accordingly.
- Cancellation policy: We understand that circumstances can change. If you need to cancel or reschedule your group visit, you must contact us no later than 24 hours before your scheduled visit.
- Chaperones: All groups are required to have 1 chaperone for every 15 students. Chaperones must stay with their groups at all times. If your group is split, the ratio must still be 1 chaperone for every 15 students. Upon registering, you will need to provide contact information for the lead chaperone.
- Behavior: Chaperones are responsible for ensuring that their group behaves appropriately while on campus. We request that students turn off their phones and other electronic devices during the visit. We reserve the right to end the tour or other activities for inappropriate behavior.
Note: Failure to comply with any part of this agreement may result in your group being denied for future visit requests.