Preparing for your job search
"The Art of Likability"
If you want to learn how to leverage likability to increase your success in your professional life, and you have time this winter break, be sure to check out alumnus Arel Moodie's website and podcast about the art of likability to learn how!
Job search timeline
It is likely that your job search will take a little bit longer than you might expect, and it is important to have realistic expectations. Check out what factors affect how long your job search will take.
Make yourself more hireable in just one week!
No matter what stage of the job search you are in, here are 7 simple ways you can boost your hireability this week.
Looking to get involved in startup businesses?
- Check out the Binghamton Startup List to see what business have been launched by Binghamton University graduates.
- Handshake: The Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development web-based career management system, Handshake (formerly known as hireBING) lists positions from across the country, with many in the Metro New York area. Alumni access is free of charge - simply request an account on the sign-in page.
- Networking: Through the Binghamton University Alumni Association Professional Network on LinkedIn, you can tap an expansive group of fellow alumni for networking. See resources and tips on successful networking.
- Do your research on the organizations you are considering applying too. A helpful website is the Better Business Bureau which enables you to determine if a business or charity is accredited by the BBB. Business which do have met the BBB Code of Business Practices. Part of this involves a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints.
- Binghamton alumni offer career advice: Several accomplished Binghamton University graduates, who have remained connected to the University as alumni volunteers, give advice on how to get started in the working world and maximize the chances for success once established there. See a brief video.