Improving the health and wellness of our campus community and creating an environment that supports individuals and groups in pursuit of their optimal potential is a challenging endeavor. Each of us can play a role in helping Binghamton University become the healthiest campus!
Healthy Campus Agent
Healthy Campus Agents are volunteer faculty and staff who support the mission of the Healthy Campus Initiative by promoting and encouraging peers, co-workers, and friends to participate in campus-sponsored health and wellness programs. Expectations include:
- Sharing emails and fliers promoting campus health and wellness activities
- Recruiting colleagues, coworkers and friends to participate in health and wellness activities
- Influencing a culture of health within your department or group (i.e. implement healthy food/drinks for meetings, create a healthy bulletin board, host walking meetings/groups, stretch breaks)
- Being a positive role model and participating in health and wellness programs and activities
- Identifying potential ideas and programs for enhancing the culture and health of the campus environment
- Attend annual trainings and participate in monthly in-services, as well as provide feedback and evaluations on programs and area initiatives.
Healthy Campus Agents will be the first to know about the latest health and wellness happenings on campus as they generate excitement and actively foster a culture of health and wellness on campus.
Other benefits agents will receive include:
- Free Healthy Campus Agent t-shirt and other wellness goodies throughout the year
- Access to information, tools and resources to help you and others lead a healthier lifestyle
- New peer, professional and cross-campus networking opportunities
- $15 Campus Recreation gift certificate each semester, good for any class, service or membership*
- Entry into an annual drawing for larger prizes such as a semester fitness membership, $100 Amazon gift card or Fitbit Activity Tracker
- The opportunity to apply for financial assistance from the Healthy Campus grant program to help support new wellness initiatives.
*Gift certificate distribution and prize drawings will be done at the end of each semester and will be contingent on active participation.