8 Things To Do With (Or Without) Your Parents On Family Weekend 2015
Posted by Rachel Fisher on October 8, 2015
Family Weekend 2015 is packed with events that are both fun-filled and informative. Here is a list of cool (parent-optional) activities taking place from Friday, Oct. 23 through Sunday, Oct. 25.
1. Spend a hilarious evening with comedian, actor, writer and producer John Mulaney
Former SNL writer John Mulaney will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 24. If you're in the mood for a laugh, purchase your tickets on the Events Center website. Because you can only handle so many jokes from mom or dad.
2. Meet, pet and bottle-feed live animals from the Binghamton Zoo
The cuteness is real! Spend Saturday morning, from 9 a.m.-noon, at UU-102 in the company of llamas, sheep and fellow Bearcats.
3. Show your Bearcat pride by attending a Division 1 sports game
No football? No problem. Cheer on the men's soccer team at 1 p.m. Saturday in the Bearcats Sports Complex as they face off against UMBC. Body paint is totally optional.
4. Work out with Campus Rec
Visit the Recreation Center in the East Gym all weekend long to enjoy the newly renovated facility, FitSpace, group fitness classes, the pool and more! Feel the burn!
5. Sleep in and enjoy a harvest brunch
Nom-nom. If you've got a hankering for good grub, attend the harvest brunch, taking place from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Sunday in the CIW Dining Center.
6. Embrace your inner celebrity and pose for a family portrait in the Union
Say cheese from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday in UU-103. If your family can't make it, bring a roommate.
7. Sing along to the music stylings of Binghamton’s best a cappella groups
See Pitch Perfect and want your a capella fix? Head to the Andrson Center at 7 p.m. Saturday.
8. See what’s up with the new campus initiative Harpur Edge in an informative open house
You've got questions, they've got answers. Get information and consult with Harpur academic advisors at 10:30 a.m. Saturday in LN-1105.
Be sure to check out the Family Weekend webpage for more details and the full schedule!