Business System "Portal"
Business Office 2017/18 Year-End Dates
Excel Year-End Calendar (15.2kb)
· All charges made through July 6 will be charged to 2017/18 FY funding. To avoid issues with transactions settling a couple days after purchase date, try to make all transactions using FY 2017/18 funding before July 2.
· June 27th - The Purchasing Office will accept Approved requisitions up until noon on June 27th in order to be charged against 17-18 FY funding. Any requisition received after this date and time will be rejected. Please plan accordingly.
· SUNY Central Administration has informed us that new year (18-19) requisitions will not be ready for creation until sometime during mid-July. We ask that you use your p-card for purchases during that time period, or until requisitions are available for creation. If you need assistance, call the Purchasing Office at 7-2184 for alternative purchasing methods.
· 18-19 requisitions will begin with a numbering scheme of 10xxxx and purchase orders will begin with a numbering scheme of 8xxxxx.
A/P & Travel
· August 3rd - The Business Office will accept invoices and personal/travel reimbursements to be paid with old fiscal year (17-18) funding until Friday, August 3, 2018, for processing. Please remember, if the items sent for processing are incomplete or in need of further justification or receipts, they will not be guaranteed to be processed with your 17-18 funds. Please take a few moments to review any open encumbrances in your funding account(s) to ensure any open POs have been invoiced by the vendor and, if necessary, contact these vendors for invoices so they can be processed with your 17-18 fiscal funding. Any questions, feel free to contact Rose Hassett at 7-4660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· June 26th – Deadline to submit fiscal year 2017-18 one-time allocation transfer requests
· June 30th – All U-Wide program allocations must be spent and/or encumbered; funds can be disbursed until the end of the lapsing period
· July 1st – Deadline to submit fiscal year 2018-19 State allocation distributions by account and budget object
· June 20th - The Accounting Office will accept the following transfer requests until noon on Wednesday, June 20th:
-Cash transfers exceeding $1M
-Intra-agency transfers (between our campus and another SUNY campus)
-Inter-agency transfers (between our campus and another State agency)
· June 22nd - The Accounting Office will accept all other balance transfer requests until close of business Friday, June 22nd.
· Please submit all transfer requests to email@example.com
· For a majority of accounts, Expenditure Transfers can be processed until the end of the lapsing period which is the end of August. The exact date will be announced in early August. Expenditure Transfers done to old year after 6/30 should include "Lapsed" on the Fiscal Year line. The Expenditure Transfer form can be found at the following link: https://www.binghamton.edu/business-office/accounting/transfers.html Contact Scott Hatch in Accounting with any questions at 7-2099.
· The Student Accounts Office will accept completed Expense Transfer Authorization forms until Friday, June 22nd. Any outstanding invoices from Student Accounts that need to be paid with 2017-18 fiscal year funding must have a completed Expense Transfer Authorization form submitted to Student Accounts by Friday, June 22nd. If you have any questions, please contact Student Accounts at 7-2702
System Hours of Operation
Business System: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday; 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday
Business Intelligence: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. every day including Saturday and Sunday except Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Link to SUNY-Wide Policies and Procedures
- Expenditure Guidelines
- Business System Access Request Form (When complete, send to Connie Naccarato in AD-507)
- Budget & Business Affairs Organizational Structure (.pdf, 72kb)
- Link to Accounting Website
- Expenditure Transfer Form
- Revenue Adjustment & Balance Transfer Form
- IFR Accounting/requesting a new IFR account
- Link to List of Revenue Journals
- Link to Sub Accounting Policy
- Link to Chargeback Policy, Form and Rates
- Revenue Web Application
- Accounting 101 Training Document
- HR Forms
- HR Data Report Request
- HR Master & Coordinators
- Link to HR Website
- Link to Position Request Forms
- Link to Time and Attendance
PCI DSS Compliance
- System Sign-on
- P-Card Certification / Account Change Instructions Powerpoint
- Food Justification Sheet
- Link to P-Card Website
- P-Card Missing Transactions Form
Requisitions, POs and Accounts Payable
- System Sign-on
- Personal Reimbursement Voucher
- Add a Vendor (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vendor Listing
- Requisition Questions? email: email@example.com; phone 7-2938
- NYS Tax Exempt Letter(.PDF; 136kb)
- Link to AP Website
- Link to Purchasing Website