Family swim hours provide Binghamton University students and members an opportunity to swim with their dependent children and/or spouse (significant other). Hours are offered every weekend throughout the year when classes are in session.
- Each adult (age 18 and over) University ID card holder with weekend Rec Center access is able to bring 1 other adult guest and no more than 3 children per adult present. (i.e. 1 adult = 3 children max., 2 adults = 6 children max.)
- Children must be supervised by an adult (age 18 and over) at all times. Supervising adults may not engage in activities that would distract them from supervision, including but not limited to: lap swimming, talking/texting on the phone, teaching other adults to swim, or working out.
- Children under the age of 6 and/or any child that must use a life jacket or flotation device must be accompanied by an adult who is also in the pool.
- Any life jackets, puddle jumpers, or flotation devices brought from home must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. The U.S. Coast Guard provides a comprehensive overview on life jackets, from reading the label to proper fit and care.
Any child who is unable to swim independently or requires a life jacket or flotation device is not allowed in the deep end (past the five foot marker).
Children and adults must adhere to all pool policies posted in the pool area.
Children who are not toilet-trained must wear tight fitting rubber pants or specially designed swim diapers in the pool (no regular diapers).
Available lap lanes are for lap swimming only. Children who wish to use the lap lanes must be competent swimmers who do not require a floatation device.
No horseplay. This includes, but is not limited to: dunking, pushing others into the pool, roughhousing and excessive splashing.
- Please note: Faculty and staff have access to the Rec Center Mon. – Fri. for morning and lunch time workouts only. To bring children for Family Swim, faculty and staff must have either a valid Fitness Membership or Rec Only Membership.
*Access to Family Swim requires that the University ID card holder be present or their dependent children and/or spouse (significant other) must be registered as members under their account. Please contact the staff at the front desk of the East Gym for more information.