Family Swim hours are designed to provide Binghamton University students and members an opportunity to recreate with their dependent children and/or spouse (significant other). Hours are offered every weekend throughout the year when classes are in session. Specific times are posted on the rec schedules page.
Family Swim Rules
- Each adult (over 18yrs) University ID card holder with weekend Rec Center access is able to bring 1 other adult guest and no more than 3 children per adult present. (i.e. 1 adult = 3 children max., 2 adults = 6 children max.)
- Children must be supervised by an adult (over 18 years) at all times.
- Children under the age of 6 and/or any child that must use a life jacket or flotation device must be accompanied by an adult IN the pool.
- Children must adhere to children swim rules posted in pool area and must wear tight fitting rubber pants or specially designed swim diapers in the pool (no regular diapers).
- Please note: Faculty and staff have access to the Rec Center Mon.-Fri. for morning and lunch time workouts only. To bring children for Family Swim, faculty and staff must have either a valid Fitness Membership or Rec Only Membership.
*Access to Family Swim requires that the University ID card holder be present or their dependent children and/or spouse (significant other) must be registered as members under their account. Please see the Front Desk staff for more details.