- Go All Out Broome is a comprehensive guide to outdoor recreation activities, places, events and organizations throughout Broome County.
- Recreational Trails of Broome and Tioga Counties is a great resource for day hikes, parks and state forests located in the Southern Tier.
- Finger Lakes Trail offers resources to help plan a short day-hike, a weekend campout or a multi-day backpacking trip.
- Triple Cities Hiking Club is very active and offers hikes every weekend throughout the region.
- NY State Forests provides a list of all state forests by region. Click on Region 7 for hiking opportunities within a 2-hour drive of the University.
Car camping (drive in and pitch a tent)
- New York State Dept. of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation is the official site for New York State parks. This site is great for finding places to day hike and car camp. Click on Central Region for areas ranging from 20 minutes – 3 hours driving time from the University.
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation provides a list of campgrounds and day use areas in the Adirondacks and Catskills.
- Chenango Valley State Park is a popular car camping destination that is 20 minutes from Binghamton University.
- Adirondack Mountain Backcountry Guide gives High Peaks trail conditions, rules and regulations, trip planning advice and much more.
- The Long Trail is the oldest long-distance hiking trail in the United States. Hike the entire length of the state of Vermont or enjoy a weekend trip. Detailed information is provided by the Green Mountain Club.
- The Appalachian Trail is over 2,000 miles long and passes through 14 states. This site will provide you with everything you need to know about hiking the trail.
- Catskills Mountain Club provides information about where to backpack in the Catskills, as well as trip ideas, weather resources and more.
- Rails To Trails allows you to find rail trails throughout North America.
- Southern Tier Bicycle Club is a recreational cycling club for the Southern Tier and offers group rides.
- Road Rides of the Southern Tier is a great resource for finding local cycling routes.
Canoeing and kayaking
- Ahwaga Canoe Club is a social canoe and kayak club located in the Twin Tiers region of New York and Pennsylvania state.
- American Canoe Association is dedicated to helping people enjoy the outdoors using kayaks, canoes, and rafts since 1880.
- A Climbing Guide to Moss Island is a great source for the Little Falls, NY climbing area, which covers everything from geology to route access.
- Rockclimbing.com lets you find all the routes for every type of climbing under the sun. Forums and articles offer information on gear reviews and techniques.
- Climbing Access Fund is the national advocacy organization that keeps U.S. climbing areas open and conserves the climbing environment.
- The Gunks provides information about guides, events, hiking and climbing in the Shawangunks of New York.
- Cross Country Ski Areas Association is a great site to find ski areas, get trail conditions and learn about ski and snowshoe equipment.
- Cross Country Ski Areas of New York is a membership organization comprised of cross-country ski centers across New York State. There is an area directory, ski and weather reports, and resources for new skiers.
- New England Nordic Ski Association is the official site for NENSA and a great resource for finding nordic races and results.
- Osceola Tug Hill X-Country Ski Center is located in Camden, NY and features 35km of groomed and tracked trails.
- Greek Peak Nordic Center offers cross-country skiing and snowshoe trails right down the road from Greek Peak.
- Audubon New York is the official site for the Audubon Society of New York State.
- Broome County Department of Parks & Recreation lists and describes parks near Binghamton.
- Binghamton University Nature Preserve is the official site of the Binghamton University Nature Preserve and includes photos, maps, events and more.
- National Park Service is a great resource for finding national parks throughout the country.
- Pennsylvania State Parks lists and describes state parks in nearby Pennsylvania.
- The Waterman Center is dedicated to increasing environmental awareness and outdoor recreation.
- Cayuga Nature Center is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness, appreciation and responsibility for the natural world.
Office and Rental Center Hours
Wednesday – Friday
11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Note: The Office and Rental Center are closed during breaks and over the summer.