Internship, Service (Unpaid)
The American Red Cross (Southern Tier Chapter) is seeking Pillowcase Project Assistants on a rolling-basis. This position entails presenting at schools and community organizations while working closely with students to ensure proper education of disaster services. This student will also assist with community outreach and mentor new assistants. This is a team-based position that requires time management skills, reporting skills, problem solving skills, and enthusiasm about the Red Cross Mission.
• Support The Pillowcase Project Presenter in schools and out of school/community settings while
they deliver the presentation.
• Duties include but are not limited to: handing out and collecting materials from students; helping
with classroom management; grading quizzes; working with individual students during the activities;
assisting with other duties as requested by the presenter.
• May be asked to help complete the reports for the presentation site(s).
• Successfully complete The Pillowcase Project Training Part 1 (the web-based or instructor led
course) (60-90 minute course)
• May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites. (this is optional)
• May assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, as risk
youth, etc. (this is optional)
• May mentor new presentation assistants to help the region build a team of experienced youth
preparedness volunteers. (this is optional)
• Work as a team with the regional Pillowcase Program Manager and other volunteers and employees
to build The Pillowcase Project in the region.
• Other duties as agreed to with the presenter and The Pillowcase Project Regional Manager.