8th Annual Community Opportunities Fair
The Center for Civic Engagement invites you to participate in the 8th Annual Community Opportunities Fair on Thursday, October 12, 2017, from noon-4 p.m. in the University Union Mandela Room and Old Union Hall at Binghamton University! Last year's event welcomed over 500 interested and eager students and showcased 79 community organizations, faculty projects and student groups. Remember, there is NO COST to table at this event.
The Community Opportunities Fair is a great chance for your organization to:
- Recruit students to get involved as interns or volunteers
- Connect with student groups interested in community service
- Meet faculty engaged in community-based research, service-learning or other projects with community components
- Network and learn from other community professionals, and meet University personnel from various offices and departments
**NOTE: You must commit to the entire time in order to table. Set-up begins at 11 a.m.
You may park in the visitor's lot or the parking garage. View a University parking map here. Please note that because tabling at the event is free, we are unable to reimburse you for the parking fee. A maximum daily rate of $6 is charged when parking for 6+ hours in the visitor's lot or parking garage. Both lots DO take credit cards now.
Unloading Your Car:
There will be an unloading zone for vehicles set up outside of the University Union (at the side doors across from the Engineering building). Friendly CCE volunteers will assist you in carrying your display materials inside to the Mandela Room.
What to Bring:
- Displays, laptops, giveaways and good ideas!
- Handouts on specific events, activities and projects with which you would like assistance
- Display how students and faculty have contributed to your organization in the past
- Please bring water, lunch, snacks, etc. In order to keep costs down and allow organizations to participate free of charge, we are unable to provide refreshments.
Register online by September 29!
Questions can be directed to the Center for Civic Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-777-4287.
We look forward to seeing you there!