Current Events and Programs for Students
Community Opportunities Fair
Noon-4 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018
UU-Mandela and Old Union Hall
Interested in community service, local nonprofit internships, community-based research opportunities and free t-shirts? You'll find all of that and more at the 9th Annual Community Opportunities Fair!
Binghamton University's Center for Civic Engagement is gathering 80+ local nonprofit and community organizations, student groups and faculty members in one place to provide students with networking, collaboration and community engagement opportunities in all facets of community life. Explore volunteer opportunities, CDCI internship sites in the local community, academic courses with community components and more! This is also your first chance to get the ever-popular and always free 2018 CCE t-shirt, so don't miss it!
Bridging the Digital Divide Program
- Curriculum and activities provided
- Learn from the CCE staff
- Work with other committed students
- Teach a group of community members who meet at a local nonprofit organization
- Teach computer literacy to help bridge the digital divide!
- Teach computer literacy using a tested, pre-developed curriculum.
- Learn new skills from a computer refurbishment expert and retired electrical engineer with years of experience
- Work in an ON CAMPUS workshop
- Become familiar with hardware, software, and how computers operate
- Help deliver refurbished computers to community members
Volunteer with Area Youth
Community Emergency Response Team