Professional networking is a critical tool for career success, and LinkedIn is the premier tool for connecting with people worldwide. As a graduate student, you can leverage the extensive network of alumni and professionals to:
- Explore types of careers people pursued with their degrees
- Reach out to alumni and other professionals in interesting occupations and ask about conducting informational interviews
- Prepare for conferences by connecting with presenters or attendees in advance
- Join groups (such as the Binghamton Alumni Association Professional Network) and interact with, or connect to, other group members
- Search for job and internship opportunities
- Research organizations in preparation for interviews
Maximize your LinkedIn experience by building a strong profile, with a professional-looking photo and a thoughtful and complete summary and involvement history. Enhance your profile using these online resources , and watch for LinkedIn programming and free photo booths sponsored by the Fleishman Center throughout the fall and spring semesters.