Many organizations conduct phone or Skype interviews as a part of the hiring process. As a Binghamton University student, you have the opportunity to request to use one of the interview rooms in the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development (University Union, Room 132) for your upcoming interviews. These interview rooms have both phone and Skype capability, and give you a quiet and private space to interview without distractions. You may also use your own phone and laptop if you choose.
Priority for interview room use is given to employer requests first and then student interview requests. Requests for an interview room are based on a first-come first-serve basis.
Fall and Spring semesters (classes are in session): 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Summer session and breaks: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Requests for an interview room must be placed a minimum of two business days in advance of the needed time.
- If the request is placed less than two business days in advance, the request may not filled.
- For rooms needed outside of business hours, requests must be made at least five business days prior. There is no guarantee of interview room space availability outside of business hours.
- During peak employer recruiting seasons (Sept 15 – Oct 31 and Feb 2 – Mar 16), there may lower availability due to employer interviews.
- You MUST receive an email confirmation from the Fleishman Center. Until you receive the email confirmation, the room is NOT reserved.
Please complete the following Interview Room request form: