Fridays from Oct. 5 - Nov. 2, 2018
The Local Employer Site Visits expose you to select career paths, industry trends, organizational cultures, and industry expectations. The site visits also provide with you an opportunity to expand your network with professionals in our local area. By attending, you will gain insights into differentiating yourself with employers and transitioning to the workplace, all in the local Binghamton area.
Apply to visits listed below in hireBING by clicking 'Register'. Applications open Wednesday, Sept. 12. Students will be informed of who is selected for a visit or on a wait list.
Schedule of 2018 Local Site Visits
Friday, Oct. 5, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Binghamton Devils
Friday, Oct. 5, 2-3 p.m. - Worldwide Sport Supply
Friday, Oct. 19, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m - Delta Engineers, Architects, and Land Surveyors
Friday, Oct. 19, 2-3 p.m. - Visions Federal Credit Union
Friday, Oct. 26, 11 a.m. - Noon - FreshySites Website Design - CANCELED
Friday, Oct. 26, 1-2 p.m. - WBNG 12 News
How to Register for Employer Visits
Apply to visits listed above in hireBING by clicking 'Register'. Students will be informed of who is selected for a visit or on a wait list.
Transportation to Employer Site Visits
Students are responsible for providing their own transportation to employer sites.
Do's and Don'ts During Your Employer Visits
- Take notes
- Display enthusiasm and appreciation
- Write down names of the professionals
- Dress professionally: Suits Only!
- Bring your resume and portfolio...you may or may not hand it out but it's best to be prepared
- Research the firm you are attending
- Prepare well thought-out questions
- Arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the visit
- Meet the group in the lobby
- Bring your photo ID
- Stand out and make the most of these opportunities
- Ask for contact information if the opportunity arises, as we do not provide contact information unless the hosts state you can get it from us
- Leave the visit with the entire group
- IMPORTANT - Check your hireBING profile to make sure it is accurate. Your hireBING profile will shift and it may not be accurate. You can manually change it.
- Use professional etiquette at all times
- Wait until the end to ask a question
- Wait until the end to engage with professionals
- Be late
- Be distracting in any manner (play on your phone, fall sleep, etc.)
- Go up to the visit without a staff member
- Ask for a job and or internship - unless they discuss open positions during the visit
- You may ask the type of skills and or qualifications they look for in a candidate, or what makes someone successful at this company
- Stay longer than the allotted time. Professionals need to get back to work and we do not want to overstay our welcome