2019 Retreat Details:
Friday, April 5 - Sunday, April 7 at Pocono Plateau
Application Deadline: Friday, Feb. 22
Connections for Success is a free, award-winning professional development and leadership retreat for sophomores. This weekend-long program, led by alumni, employers and staff, engages you in conversations and helps you to develop both personally and professionally. Transportation, food, and lodging are provided by the Fleishman Center.
Throughout the retreat, interactive sessions provide you with the tools necessary to be a competitive applicant for jobs and internships. Past speakers include executives from companies such as Indeed, Macy's, Visions, EY and more!
Participating students will:
- Build authentic connections with alumni, employers, staff and peers
- Understand the value of transferable skills; how to articulate those skills on a resume, in a cover letter and through interview experiences
- Explore strengths, weaknesses and values and how they help make informed decisions
- Engage peers/professionals with various backgrounds and lived experiences in an effort to expand perspectives
- Enhance competence in the following areas in accordance with the National Association for Colleges and Employers Career Readiness Competencies; critical thinking/problem solving, oral/written communication, teamwork/collaboration, digital technology, leadership, professionalism/work ethic, career management and global/intercultural fluency
Past sessions include:
- Speed networking
- Interviewing workshops
- And many more!
Connections for Success Information Sessions
Students interested in this program are encouraged to attend an information session.
Monday, Feb. 4 at 3:30 p.m. in UU-133A
Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 6 p.m. in EOP/SSS Conference Room
Wednesday, Feb. 6 at 2:30 p.m. in UU-133A
I am more optimistic about my future career and goals than I was before. I learned so much from listening to the alumni's experiences and learned practical strategies I could apply to job hunting and interviews.
Connections for Success not only provided the space to reflect on my experiences at Binghamton University but also equipped me with the tools to start preparing for life after Binghamton. From the planned sessions with professionals who were once in our shoes to the time spent getting to know my fellow classmates, this experience challenged me to reach beyond my comfort zone. By the end of the weekend, I walked away with more than professional connections, I gained friends that I wouldn't have otherwise interacted with at Binghamton University.
Students must be sophomores to attend, having completed one year of college to participate in this program. Sophomores from all schools and majors are invited to apply.
1. Complete the Connections for Success Spring 2019 Application
2. Upload your resume and a completed Connection for Success Application (saved as an "other document") to the Connections for Success: Leadership and Professional Development Program posting in hireBING.
Application deadline is Monday, Feb. 25 at 11.59 p.m.
Students will be notified of acceptance to the retreat by Monday, Feb. 25
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this program.