Recording presentations from home is easy using Panopto from within your myCourses class. You can record a PowerPoint presentation and provide audio as well as video of your presentation.
Your instructor will enable Panopto for your class and set up a specific folder for your recordings. If you don't see that folder in your class, please contact your instructor.
Creating a Panopto Recording
1) Log in to myCourses and go to your course page.
2) Find the link for Panopto Video on the left menu and click it.
3) A new page will open with available Panopto recordings. Click the Course Name [Assignments] folder just below the "Name, Duration, Date, Rating" line.
Please note: Your instructor may have changed the name of this folder. If you don't see a the folder in your class, please contact your instructor.
4) Click the green Create button and then select Record a new session.
5) If you do not already have the Panopto application installed, you will then be given the option to download the recorder for your specific computer (Mac or PC). Follow the prompts to install the software.
6) Once the software is installed, return to the Panopto Video page in myCourses and repeat Step 4. Chrome users may receive a pop-up window that requires clicking "Launch Application."
7) The Panopto Recorder application will launch. Once the Panopto Recorder application opens, make sure you're recording to the Course Name [Assignments] folder. If necessary, you can change folders by clicking the drop-down list.
8) Change the name of your video by clicking in the Session field. Your video name should include your name and any other information your instructor has requested.
9) If you're recording a PowerPoint or Keynote, make sure there's a checkbox next to PowerPoint or Keynote under Slides is selected.
10) Make sure that you're recording with the correct camera and microphone by clicking the dropdown menu next to Audio and Video to select your devices.
11) Click Record when you're ready to record.
12) Put the PowerPoint presentation in “Slideshow” mode. Deliver the presentation as you normally would.
13) When recording is complete, exit presentation mode in PowerPoint (ESC key). Next, go to the Panopto recorder, click the stop button and then the blue upload button.
14) You will see the upload meter as the recording is uploaded to the server.
Once you see that the upload is in process, you're almost done. In the event that the upload fails, go to the manage recordings tab and click "upload to server" to restart the upload. You may need to re-select the folder.