Skip to main content
Center for Learning and Teaching

Student ID, Meals, Parking, Housing

Summer or Winter, This is What You Need to Know

Getting a University Student ID Card

You must have a valid Binghamton University ID card to access most services available for students. The Financial Aid and Student Records office (Admissions Center, Room 112) issues ID cards to students who have registered for at least 1 credit. If you aren’t currently enrolled at Binghamton, you may obtain your ID card no earlier than one week before the start of classes. The cost to replace a lost, stolen, damaged or demagnetized card is $20. Click here for more information.

University Parking/Virtual Parking Permits

Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) has integrated a new parking software that utilizes License Plate Recognition (LPR). LPR is a plate-recognition technology that associates virtual parking permits to a license plate and not a decal or hangtag.

All motor vehicles parked on campus must have a valid University virtual parking permit. Parking permits may be purchased at As soon as you complete your purchase your vehicle is permitted to park on campus. No physical permit will be mailed to you. For more information on parking and permits, visit

Student Housing

  • Housing is available during Summer Session for all registered students, except College Link students. Find out more on the Residential Life summer housing webpage.
  • No housing is available during Winter Session, although current Binghamton students who already live on campus may sign up for break housing. See the Residential Life break housing for details.


All meal plans are deactivated the last day of finals each semester, with the exception of the Commuter Plus and Commuter Annual (Winter Session Only). Call the Meal Plan office (607.777.6000) or visit for more information on dining locations available, hours, menus, nutritional information and more! Follow us at BingCampusFood on all social platforms.

Last Updated: 10/11/17