Undergraduate admission to summer session
Current Binghamton University undergraduate students
- Registration steps for Summer Session are the same as fall and spring semesters. There is no special summer registration application or admission review. Simply go to the BU Brain Self Service and register for the summer Session courses you want, the same way you registered for your fall and spring semester courses. Find out more about registering for courses using BU Brain Self Service.
- Note: Current students receiving financial aid should contact Financial Aid and Student Records to discuss funding for summer session.
New fall 2019 Binghamton University matriculated undergraduate students
- Apply for summer 2019 online
- After admission to Summer Session, students may be required to submit documentation regarding their residency status for tuition billing purposes. If this is deemed necessary, students will be contacted by the Office of Student Accounts.
- Submit University health documents required by New York state. NOTE: Until we receive your health forms, a hold is placed on your student account preventing course registration. Successfully submitting required health forms and residency status application will fulfill documentation required of all new fall 2019 students.
Former Binghamton University undergraduate students
- If you have missed less than three (3) consecutive semesters, go to the BU Brain Self Service and register for the Summer Session 2019 courses you want, the same way you registered for your fall and spring semester courses. No further application or admission is necessary. Find out more about registering for courses using BU Brain Self Service.
- If you didn’t attend the University for three (3) consecutive semesters (during the Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Fall 2019 semesters) and did not receive a Binghamton University bachelor's degree, apply for admission to Summer Session using the Undergraduate Admissions Request for Re-Enrollment Form. You must be formally re-admitted to the University before registering for Summer Session courses; students will be readmitted to the school from which they most recently withdrew.
- Admissions requirements include fulfilling health requirements and, if you’re an in-state student, completing the New York State Residency Status Application.
Note: if you are studying abroad, participation in a Binghamton University or another SUNY study-abroad program does not require you to re-enroll. If you are participating in a non-SUNY program and you will not be enrolled in three consecutive major semesters, you will be required to re-enroll.
New, non-degree/non-matriculated students
You must be officially admitted to the University as a non-degree/non-matriculated student before registering for summer coursework.
- Apply for admission to Summer Session online: Undergraduate Continuing Education Non-Degree Application. You must be formally admitted to the University as a non-degree/non-matriculated/Continuing Education student before you may register for Summer Session courses.
- Admissions requirements include fulfilling health requirements and, if you’re an in-state student, completing the New York State Residency Status Application. Learn more here.
- Once admitted, please visit our website to find the appropriate contact if you have questions on course selection, transferring credits or becoming a non-matriculated student for a future term.
Important things to know:
- Acceptance to the Summer Session as a non-degree student in no way implies admission to the University in a degree program for future semesters.
- Applicants with previous college experience must be in good standing at the last institution they attended.
- Visit the Undergraduate Admissions website for more information.
If you’re a current Binghamton University graduate student:
Simply go to the BU Brain and register for the Summer Session 2019 course you want, the same way you registered for your fall and spring semester courses. No further application or admission is necessary. Find out more about registering for courses using BU Brain.
If you have a bachelor's degree and want to take graduate courses or undergraduate courses without pursuing a graduate degree:
You must apply for admission to Summer Session through the Graduate School, and you must be formally admitted before you can register for summer courses.
- Submit the Graduate School Non-Degree Application.
- The application fee is $50.
- The application is very short and is completed online.
- Applicants must also submit a hard copy of their official, final undergraduate transcript. The transcript must verify conferral of the bachelor's degree.
- Undergraduate coursework taken while a student is enrolled as a graduate student will show on a graduate transcript, it will carry no grade points and will not count in a graduate GPA, nor will it count toward the completion of a graduate degree. Credit hours and the quality of work are indicated, but the letter grade is preceded by a "0".
- Once you have been admitted, make sure to follow the instructions for new non-degree graduate students.
High school students who wish to take College Link courses this summer
- High school students in the surrounding area may take summer courses on campus or online through our College Link program. Contact Shannon Jennison via e-mail at email@example.com for more information and forms.
- High school students outside the surrounding area may still participate in College Link, but are limited to online courses only.
- Housing is not provided for College Link students during the summer.