- Students currently registered at Binghamton but not scheduled to receive a degree in May 2018.
- Students who have been admitted to Binghamton for the academic year beginning in fall 2018 and students who have been formally admitted to the 2018 Summer Session.
- Individuals not currently enrolled at Binghamton must apply for admission and be admitted to the Summer Session before they can register.
If you were born on or after January 1, 1957, you will be required to provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. In addition, ALL students must sign off on having received information about meningitis and indicate whether or not they have received a meningitis vaccine. New York State Public Health Law mandates these requirement; ALL students must fulfill them before they will be allowed to register for Summer Session classes. Review health requirements for new students.
- Explore courses online by reviewing the summer schedule of classes.
- Some courses have enrollment limits, so students planning to take these courses should register as early as possible (on or after March 12) to avoid being closed out.
- Some courses require instructor or department permission before you can be registered; this is noted in the schedule of classes. You can't register for these courses online; instead, contact the department to inquire about registering for the course.
- Find instructions on how to register using BU Brain.
- Familiarize yourself with registration dates and deadlines.
- If you want to add or withdraw from a course after the published add/drop deadline, you must complete a Late Add/Drop Petition. The Late Add/Drop Petition is an online process that can be accessed via BU Brain. Instructions may be found here.
- All new students must also complete an online Student Code of Conduct Acknowledgment (the initial part of the registration process) before being allowed to register for classes.
- If you’re currently a Binghamton University student, you can register online via the BU Brain beginning March 12. Find important registration dates and deadlines.
- You can pay for your summer courses online.
- Under no circumstances is credit granted to students who are not properly registered in a course.
All students must confirm their enrollment on the BU Brain. Failure to confirm your enrollment will result in cancellation of your course(s) if not completed by a specified date.
Beginning Tuesday, May 8, students can drop their last class for summer. A Withdrawal Form is NOT required.
Prior to this date, students can email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting their class(es) be dropped. The email request must come from the student's official Binghamton email address, and must include the CRN or subject and course name of the class(es) being requested to be dropped and your B number.