Pharmacy Tutor Position
University Tutoring Services is pleased to announce that for the 2018-2019 academic year, we have several tutor positions available to assist Pharmacy School students with their new curriculum. This position is dynamic in nature and requires devoted students with a passion for helping others. Tutors will assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing the text, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to classroom instruction.
- PHRM 501 – Foundations I: Pharmaceutical Sciences
- PHRM 513 – Pharmaceutics I: Physical Pharmacy
- PHRM 514 – Pharmaceutical Calculations I
- Complete all required tutor trainings
- Provide one-on-one tutoring for Pharmacy Students
- Arrive promptly and prepared for all sessions
- Communicate on a weekly basis with your Lead Tutor
- Other duties as designated by supervisor
- Current Binghamton student in good academic standing
- At least a 3.0 GPA
- A well-rounded science and/or health education background
- Creativity and ingenuity
- Desire to learn new material
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Binghamton University policies
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to work hard
This position will pay $12.00/hour.
Please contact us at UTS@binghamton.edu with any questions!