Binghamton University University Testing Center and University Tutorial Services Graduate Student Assistant
The University Testing Center/University Tutorial Services is currently accepting applications for the position of UTC/UTS Graduate Student Assistant. The UTC is designed to support faculty in implementing authorized testing accommodations not easily provided within their classrooms. We also assist faculty efforts to provide a space for students who need alternate testing times and locations for other legitimate reasons. UTS provides tutorial services to undergraduate students in over 100 courses.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Check students in as they arrive at the UTC
- Maintain clean and quiet atmosphere for testing
- Assist in the distribution and collection of test materials
- Work with faculty to obtain materials and return them in a timely manner
- Actively proctor exams
- Work with students who are in need of special accommodations (extended time, enlarged text, testing software, etc.)
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials
- Communicate any issues to the Director
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current graduate student in good academic standing
- Available for 15-20 hours per week, with additional availability during finals week.
- Applicants must be honest and dependable
- Display empathy and positive regard for others
- Give excellent customer service by acting with integrity, responsibility, and courtesy
- Previous proctoring or tutoring experience is a plus
This position will be paid $12 per hour.
If interested, please send a brief cover letter, your resume and the names and contact information for two references (one reference MUST be a faculty member) to email@example.com with the subject title "UTC_Proctor [Your Last Name]" as soon as possible. Questions can also be directed to the same e-mail.