Winter Session is open to current Binghamton University students (matriculated and non-matriculated), as well as visiting students. However, individuals not currently enrolled at Binghamton University must apply for admission and be admitted to the Winter Session before they can register.
Regular registration takes places from October 17, 2017, to December 20, 2017. Late registration occurs after December 20, 2017, and requires written permission from the advising office of the school in which the student is matriculated.
If you were born on or after Jan. 1, 1957, you will be required to provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella. In addition, ALL students must sign off on having received information about meningitis and indicate whether or not they have received a meningitis vaccine. New York State Public Health Law mandates these requirement; ALL students must fulfill them before they will be allowed to register for Winter Session classes. Review health law requirements for new students.
- Explore the Winter Session schedule of classes to find the course you wish to take.
- If you’re a new student, you’ll need to be admitted (learn more) and satisfy all health requirements (learn more) before being allowed to register via BU Brain.
- All new students must also complete an online Student Code of Conduct Acknowledgment (the initial part of the registration process) before being allowed to register for classes.
- If you’re currently a Binghamton University student, you can register online via BU Brain Self Service beginning Oct. 23, 2017. Find important registration dates and deadlines.
- You may register for a maximum load of 4 credit hours during the 2018 Winter Session.
- Find instructions on how to register using BU Brain Self Service.
- You can pay for your Winter Session courses online.
- Some courses require instructor or department permission before you can be registered; this is noted in the schedule of classes. You can’t register for these courses online; instead, contact the department to inquire about registering for the course.
- If you wish to add a course after the published add deadline, you must complete a Late Add Petition, get approval signatures from the course instructor and/or the appropriate dean’s office, and you must pay the Late Add fee. The petition process is initiated online via BU Brain Service. Click here for instructions.
- Under no circumstances is credit granted to students who are not properly registered in a Winter Session course.