The Ghoul Next Door
A Musical Roman Comedy (Plautus' Mostellaria) and Comedy Scholars' Colloquium
- May 10 (7:30pm)
- May 11 (6:00pm)
CIDER MILL PLAYHOUSE
2 South Nanticoke Ave.
Endicott, NY 13760-0482
OCC Special Student Shuttle to and from Cider Mill
- Pick up Lot A, East entrance to Fine Arts Building
- Thursday May 10 - 6:05PM, +every 15 minutes till 7:05PM
- Friday May 11 - 4:35PM, +every 15 minutes till 5:35PM
- Return shuttles directly after show and half-hour after show
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Prof. John Starks at firstname.lastname@example.org, 607-777-4524.
The Classical Association of the Atlantic States
Office of the Dean, Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
Binghamton University Department of Classical and Near Eastern Studies
New York Classical Club
Classical Association of the Empire State
Cider Mill Playhouse
Friday May 11, 2012
Both sessions in University Union West 324, Binghamton University (4400 Vestal Parkway, Vestal, NY 13850).
Session I: 9:30-11:30AM
- Introduction & Welcome Dean Donald Nieman, Harpur College, Binghamton University
- 9:40 Michael Fontaine, Associate Professor, Cornell University. "Knocks on Both Your Houses!: Why Mostellaria is a Terrible Title for This Play"
- 10:30 Timothy J. Moore, Professor, University of Texas at Austin. "Mostellaria’s Musical Merriment"
Session II: 1:00-3:30PM
- 1:00 Peter Meineck, Artistic Director, Aquila Theatre/Clinical Associate Professor, New York University. "The Face of Comedy: Monstrosity and the Mask"
- 1:50 Dorota Dutsch, Associate Professor, University of California, Santa Barbara. "Stuffed Chick(en) with a Side of Saucy Slave: The Desirable Body in the Mostellaria"
- 2:40 Niall W. Slater, Samuel Candler Dobbs Professor of Latin & Greek, Emory University. "Speculating in Unreal Estate: Locution, Locution, Locution"