Conscious Conversations @ Binghamton
The Conscious Conversation brown bag lunches began fall 2016 within the Division of Student Affairs. Discussions focus on current issues at Binghamton University, nationally and globally. This open style of dialogue allows free flowing conversation between friends, colleagues and peers, helping to develop and nurture an aware, involved community.
- Discuss issues related to inclusion
- Bring staff members together to exchange ideas and examine best practices related to diversity in higher education
- Discuss current social justice initiatives
- Find allies, support others and participate in self care
We’ve switched around the days to accommodate schedules and we’re reaching out to staff members outside Student Affairs. Also, a few of the conversations will have topics prepared in advance/guest speakers from across campus while the others will be determined by attendees. This will allow for current events to be discussed in a time-sensitive manner and for all topics around diversity and inclusion to be priority.
- Tuesday, January 30 at 9 a.m., UUW324
- Wednesday, February 21, 11:30 a.m. OH133
- Friday, March 23 at 3:30 p.m., UUW324
- Thursday, April 12 at noon, UUW324
For more information, contact Jazell Johnson, CHES, MS
Associate Director, Office of Student Conduct
Program Director, Student Conflict and Dispute Management Program
Divisional Diversity Officer for Student Affairs