Free menstrual care products pilot program
In fall 2018, the Binghamton University Faculty Senate voted to support a University Faculty Senate (SUNY-wide) resolution that called for campuses to develop and fund programs to provide access to free menstrual care products in campus restrooms.
A cooperative initiative between Binghamton University’s administration and the Student Association at Binghamton University in spring 2019 resulted in such a program. This pilot program to provide free menstrual care products to students who might not otherwise be able to afford them began with making products available to students through an online ordering system and by picking products up at a few locations.
In summer 2019, dispensing machines were installed in many campus restrooms, and now, in addition to online ordering and pick-up locations on campus, the program includes free product-dispensing machines in designated public restrooms on campus at the following locations:
- Anderson Center, Room B15
- Anderson Center, Room B30
- Appalachian Dining Hall, Room 106
- Bartle Library in Library South Ground 500 (LS-G500)
- Chenango Champlain Collegiate Center (C4), Room G13
- Center of Excellence, Room 1002
- CIW Dining Hall (Tuscarora), Room 217
- East Gym, Room 104
- Fine Arts Building, Room 162
- Decker Student Health Services Center, Room 213
- Lecture Hall, Room B27B
- Glenn G. Bartle Library, Room 1208A
- Nelson A. Rockefeller Center, Room 158
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Room 103B
- University Downtown Center, Room 418
- University Union, Room 106
- West Gym, Room 126
Students may order online on this web page.
Products also remain available at the Bear Necessities Food Pantry in Room 168 of the Nelson A. Rockefeller Center and at the Decker Student Health Services Center.
For more information about the program, contact JoAnn Navarro, vice president for operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Johann Fiore Conte, assistant vice president for health and wellness, at email@example.com.
To report no product in a bathroom, contact Facilities Management Customer Service at 607-777-2226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report an issue with an online order, contact Mandy Qualls at email@example.com.