Kristen Mooney joined Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences in February 2020 as director of clinical education for the Division of Physical Therapy within the School of Rehabilitation Sciences. She comes from a clinical position working as a physical therapist in the Binghamton area for 18 years, specializing in the treatment of patients with neurologic diagnoses.
Mooney's areas of interest include Parkinson’s disease, balance, concussion and stroke rehabilitation. She frequently served as a clinical instructor and mentor to students, which drew her to the role at Decker College.
- DPT, University of Montana
- MS, physical therapy, Ithaca College
- BS, clinical science, Ithaca College
- Clinical outcomes in the treatment of patients with neurologic conditions
- Promoting confidence in students as they transition from university to employment
- Models of education
- Physical therapy for patients with neurologic conditions, specifically Parkinson’s Disease, vestibular, concussion, stroke and multiple sclerosis
- Physical therapy in the adult neurologic patient population
- Clinical education
- Professional development
- Certified as a neurologic clinical specialist by the ABPTS
- LSVT BIG trained clinician
- ImPact trained clinician