Ranked among the best nursing school in New York, the Decker School of Nursing provides excellent preparation in nursing education, scholarship and practice, and offers graduate-level programs from certificates to doctoral degrees.
Wondering which graduate program is right for you?
We created a program selection app to help you find the right graduate nursing program. It's quick and easy -- just follow the prompts!
- Adult-gerontological primary care nursing: nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist or nurse educator
- Community health primary care: nurse practitioner (family nursing with a community health emphasis) or nurse educator
- Family nursing: nurse practitioner or nurse educator
- Family psychiatric mental health nursing: nurse practitioner*
* Decker College is not accepting applications in the family psychiatric mental health specialization in the MS program for fall 2021. Applications for part-time study (only) will be accepted for spring 2022.
This is an advanced standing program, which means applicants must be master's prepared nurse practitioners. Those wishing to pursue a DNP who aren't master's prepared nurse practitioners should apply to Decker's Post-Graduate Nurse Practitioner Certificate program (below) and upon successful completion of that program may then proceed to the Advanced Standing DNP program.
- Adult-gerontological primary care nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist
- Community health primary care nurse practitioner (family nurse practitioner with a community health emphasis)
- Family health nurse practitioner
- Family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner
- Nursing (focus on rural/vulnerable populations)
- Nurse practitioner
- Adult-gerontological primary care
- Community health primary care (family with a community health emphasis)
- Family psychiatric mental health*
- Disaster management
- Forensic health
- Nurse educator
* Decker College is not accepting applications in the family psychiatric mental health specialization for the NP certificate program for fall 2021 or spring 2022.
Graduate program overview
View a presentation about Decker College's graduate nursing programs.
Requirements for admitted students
If you are admitted to the Decker School of Nursing, there are health/clinical practice, device (hardware and software), uniform and equipment requirements you will need to comply with. See the Requirements webpage for additional information.