Ranked among the best nursing school in New York, the Decker School of Nursing provides excellent preparation in nursing education, scholarship and practice, and offers graduate-level programs from certificates to doctoral degrees.
Wondering which graduate program is right for you?
We created a program selection app to help you find the right graduate nursing program. It's quick and easy -- just follow the prompts!
- Adult-gerontological primary care nursing: nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist or nurse educator
- Community health primary care: nurse practitioner (family nursing with a community health emphasis) or nurse educator
- Family nursing: nurse practitioner or nurse educator
- Family psychiatric mental health nursing: nurse practitioner or nurse educator (not accepting nurse educator applications at this time)
This is an advanced standing program, which means applicants must be master's prepared nurse practitioners. Those wishing to pursue a DNP who aren't master's prepared nurse practitioners should apply to Decker's Post-Graduate Nurse Practitioner Certificate program (below) and upon successful completion of that program may then proceed to the Advanced Standing DNP program.
- Adult-gerontological primary care nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist
- Community health primary care nurse practitioner (family nurse practitioner with a community health emphasis)
- Family health nurse practitioner
- Family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner
- Nursing (focus on rural/vulnerable populations)
- Nurse practitioner
- Adult-gerontological primary care
- Community health primary care (family with a community health emphasis)
- Family psychiatric mental health
- Disaster management
- Forensic health
- Nurse educator
Requirements for admitted students
If you are admitted to the Decker School of Nursing, there are health, device (hardware and software), uniform and equipment requirements you will need to comply with. See the Requirements webpage for additional information.