Binghamton University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We encourage those from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
The Udiversity Educational Institute Graduate Assistant (Udiversity GA) will help the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in development of Udiversity Educational Institute and its programs, trainings and initiatives. Udiversity GA may assist in program and policy research, workshops and training, community building and identity development, as well as offering educational opportunities for the Binghamton University campus on a wide range of diversity, equity or inclusion issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Udiversity GA shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Attend cultural competency and other diversity trainings; become a cultural competency and diversity workshop facilitator
- Assist with development of Udiversity Educational workshops, training modules and resource materials
- Conduct assessments, research and benchmarking surveys as needed
- Attend regular supervision and staff meetings; review literature as provided
- Attend conferences and educational events as needed
- Perform other duties assigned by the Udiversity Educational Institute Coordinator, Associate Chief Diversity Officer or Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Staff, as requested.
- Must have a bachelors degree or be enrolled as a graduate student
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team; team leadership experience a plus
- Knowledgeable about diversity, cultural competency, and inclusion issues
- Experience in event planning, workshop development, facilitation, training, and marketing a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google documents, and social media platforms
- Some night and weekend hours are required
- Preference given to students enrolled in Student Affairs Administration; Sociology, Psychology, Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies, MPA, CCPA PhD students are also strongly encouraged to apply
Term: Flexible start date as early as July 9, 2019; flexible end date as late as June 21,
Hours: 10-20 hrs per week
Pay: Graduate Stipend of $4,657.76, GSEU eligible
To Apply: Persons interested should submit the general application from the Student Affairs website. Questions related to this position should be directed to Lea Webb, Udiversity Institute Coordinator at email@example.com or 607-777-4775.