The B-College Bound Mentor Program was implemented to expand the services and support provided to Upward Bound (UB) students to ensure their success in college attendance and enhance connections between Binghamton University and the local community. Our mentors serve as role models who are currently navigating college successfully and share similar experiences to UB students. Mentors provide academic, social, and career support to UB scholars.
Responsibilities of mentors in this program include:
- Provide weekly or bi-weekly one-on-one academic, social, and career advising to UB students
- Host workshops to enhance UB student success
- Collectively plan one community partner event?
- Enrolled in full-time undergraduate study
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Available 4 hours per week to spend on MRC work
- Willing to learn about MRC and different cultures
- Outgoing and enjoys interacting with others
To join the program fill out the B-College Bound Member Program interest form and we will contact you with more details!
For questions, contact Richie Sebuharara, MRC assistant director.